The MCITD is purpose-designed as a high-quality master-planned industrial environment. Occupying businesses will enjoy a system-engineered support infrastructure and a telecommunications infrastructure that provides a modern business setting. A project of scale and unique in California, the MCITD creates a safe investment setting for businesses.
Merced County owns and has site control of the entire project site and is committed to its full development. Designed to house over 8 million square feet of industrial development, the project’s design takes advantage of its superb transportation logistics connectivity:
- An internal roadway system that circulates business road traffic to two planned interchanges to the Atwater-Merced Expressway, and onto Santa Fe Boulevard
- Direct access to Castle Airport’s tarmac and runway system via secure-access airfield access gates
- Direct connection to the onsite BNSF spur line
The project offers both a range of existing buildings and development sites within the Urban Zone, and larger-scale greenfield development sites in the New Development Zone.
In support of the MCITD, the Merced County Board has created a business-friendly environment and their objectives for this project are to create jobs and expand the local economy. In support of these objectives, the County:
- Has rezoned the site to support a flexible, modern industrial development
- Is developing a $200M road to the site; the Atwater-Merced Expressway will provide for a direct connection from the site to CA-99 and points north and south
- Has created a range of tailored incentives to support new investment